Upcoming Weekend Retreat
Rigpa Melbourne is a centre for the study and practice of Tibetan Buddhism. Each year we offer the opportunity to do a weekend retreat.
We will be hosting a retreat in our centre in Brunswick in March or April 2018. Dates for the weekend will be finalised soon. This will be a non-residential retreat.
This will be a time to come into a calm and peaceful environment to practise meditation in a small group setting.
Who is it for:
The retreat is open to all and suitable for both newer and more experienced meditators. The weekend will provide a series of short meditation sessions and guided practices.
You can sit in a chair or on a cushion. Wear comfortable clothing.
Features of the retreat:
The weekend will feature:
- Time out from your usual weekend activities; time for you to simply “be”
- Simple meditation instruction – the practice of shamatha (calm abiding meditation)
- Viewing some teachings on meditation
- The benefits of meditation
- Small group discussion
- Advice on establishing a regular meditation practice in your life
- The choice of joining others for lunch at a nearby café or BYO lunch
Fees and dates to be finalised soon.